One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

71 Degrees!

It was warmer this morning, about 31, when I left for work. But I didn't expect it to be 71 when I left work! What a pleasant surprise. No shell, no gloves, no baggies over my toes. It was a nice short ride home.

And, my odometer clicked up a zero. That's right, I finished my first 1000 miles on my road bike today. Hopefully the next 1000 won't take 6 months! Oh well, this means that even with the winter I averaged 40 miles a week in these first six months. I'm shooting for averaging 150 miles a week this summer. Since about 41 miles of that is a mandatory commute (I'm getting rid of ye olde car) that shouldn't be too hard. A group ride and a solo ride each week, and then another short solo or group ride.

Planning to go to my first group ride for '08 tomorrow night. You should go to! It's supposed to be in the 60's.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.