One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Commuter Bike

So I decided it was time to stop commuting on my road bike. It's just too much work switching shoes every day, too much to deal with the mediocre roads I ride to work (they're paved, only minor pot holes, but they're cracked and there are permanent surface issues they never fix).

So I decided I'd turn my winter commuter into my full time commuter bike!

So here's a shot of my winter commuter a it was when I got it:













And here we have it after some upgrades:
1. Put a computer on it.
2. Front and rear fenders, not the nicest ones but this bike isn't setup for fenders.
3. Took the saddle pack, and its contents, from my road bike. It's easy to swap.
4. (This is the big one) New city slicks.


The first couple days have gone okay. The warped rear disc is driving me nuts, I'm gonna have to fix it. I lose a couple miles an hour over the road bike, but I gain much less obnoxious bumps on the road!

I also gain 10lbs to lug up and down the stairs :(.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.