One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday ride
Distance: 25mi
Time: 2 hours

It was a nice ride. I rode up to the edge of downtown, then jogged over toward the cemetery on O. Unfortunately, the only open entrance is on O, and I didn't want to mess with that to see graves!

So I rode down 33rd street to Normal. Then jogged over to the lake. I got pretty close to the lake when I heard "USE THE TRAIL" yelled from a car on the opposite side of the road. Maybe I should start yelling "USE A BICYCLE" at every motorist I see? I doubt they'd care, those sealed cabins are pretty sound proof. And it's not like it's the perfect temperature outside for rolled down windows (it is).

Then I went out East on the trail (I thought I'd take his advice, afterall there's no good road for where I was going).
Road past a "No Trespassing" sign that was practically on the trail. In fact, I was strongly tempted to rip it off: I pay to raise their land values and build a trail by their house, then they put up a no trespassing sign. Screw you buddy. See if I share with you again.

Road on East until the trail ran out. Then I proceeded through the muck on foot. I wanted to ride around in the really expensive section of housing out here. Apparently there's a hospital out there? It mentioned an emergency room but didn't mention a name.

Then I took a trip down to 84th, down 84th, then down Old Cheney. Decided I'd stop being obnoxious and use the Old Cheney trail once I got to 70th.

And on home I went. Good ride, only one rude driver. Alright, only one _really_ rude driver.


I'm convinced more of us should cycle on the road. Lincoln drivers have a lesson to learn. I'm thinking I should get a critical mass ride started. I think about 8:30AM on a Wednesday would be good.

It's our road too. We pay for it too.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.