One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Repair Stand

http://trekstorecincinnati.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=1888

There's a picture in the link.

This is my 1st anniversary present from my wife, a bit early. So I took the opportunity to use it and did a more thorough cleaning of my road bike. Cleaned most of the grit off the frame. Degreased and washed the chain (on bike). Removed the cassette and washed it (although I didn't disassemble it, I don't have the tiny allen wrench). Put her back together and re-lubed.

I waited a few hours and took it for a short ride. She rides better than the day I bought her. The shifting is perfect. I didn't even mess with it, I just cleaned it and the shifting got better (I think I had it pretty well adjusted already, it was just dirty so it tended to slam the chain around). Pretty good for a road bike with 1700 miles on it. Let's hope for another 17,000 :).

The repair stand is pretty nice, works quite well. Kind of makes me wish I'd got a smaller frame and set it up more aggressively so as to avoid changing my seat height. Oh well, the seatpost was getting a bit stuck so it's good I moved it.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.