One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Popularity of the Commute

This is my first summer commuting in Lincoln. I started commuting off and on last November and started doing it full time last February.

But these last two months have been, by far, the best showing of Lincoln cycle commuters I've seen. I see about 4-5 other people every morning, although they're usually different people but my schedule varies a lot. I saw my neighbor commute the other day. There are usually 4-5 others at work each day (sometimes more, sometimes a bit less). And this is a 50 person company.

I don't remember seeing so many cyclists while driving last year, but I might not have been looking.

Now, they're all on sidewalks and MUPs. But one thing at a time right?

Must be $4 a gallon gas.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.