One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Volvo's are "Crash Proof"

Did you know that you can't die in an accident if you're in a Volvo? Feel free to drive your Volvo like a maniac now.

I hope they don't market it like this when they actually release it. This is a legitimate lawsuit in the womb.

As a cyclist I'm concerned with the auto industries attempts to convince people that cars are safe. Motor vehicle deaths trend slightly downward. Only slightly. Even with 500lbs of air bags and everyone driving a four wheel drive tank. As a cyclist I don't get new cage safety features and I'd greatly prefer it if people used the best safety device of all: Their brain.

Defensive driving courses should be mandatory; every 5 years.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.