One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Slimy Riding

I managed to get in two rides this weekend. One saturday and one sunday. Amazingly I got a 25 mile ride in on Saturday: It was cold, and icy. I probably spent 45 minutes walking the bike across huge ice patches, and other times just riding slow to watch for new ice patches.
Strangely, most people seemed to stay in on Saturday. I ended up going home early due to numb toes: My shoes really are summer shoes, they ventilate much too well for this weather (and I wrap sandwich bags around my toes to minimize that).

I did slide out and wreck on Saturday. I'm still not entirely convinced my rear derailleur is quite where it was before the slide out; but it finds all my gears about as quick as ever so it must be in my head.
Not a terribly big deal, I wasn't doing more than 8-10 and just slid on my butt. I'm not sure how I got out of my pedals, that just happened (they're single release).

Later on, Saturday still, I discovered my right clip was loose.

With my shoes stuck to the pedal I rode into the shop and they pried it out with a screw driver. Nice guys over there at Blue's Bike btw.

Today I got in a measely 12 miles before I got cold. Strangely there were tons of people out today. I got quite a few "it's icy isn't it" to which I thought "you should have seen it yesterday."

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.