One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Flat Tire. Crap!

The odometer reads 804 (it's been a long winter), and poof. The tire begins deflating after a winter formed crack in the bike path.

So I bought a patch kit and bike mountable pump today; and a couple of spare tubes. The tube was patchable though, so I figured a $0.30 patch would be fine over a $6 tube.

Oh well, I was ready for the ride to be over anyway. It was cold today. The temperature was fine, but there was a lack of sun exposure and it was very windy.

I also saw warming patches at the shop. For $2 I'll skip them and buy shoe covers. But I'm wondering if I can order a box online for something more reasonable, like four times cheaper.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.