One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MySpace

I don't have a MySpace account. I've always had sort of a moral issue with them: They allow users to modify the appearance of their pages; I firmly believe that's a crime against The Internet. You'd probably have to have seen opendiary to understand why I think this is a sin.

Anyway, other than that I don't care that MySpace exists. It never bugged me. But today I find a dozen e-mails from MySpace in my inbox, and some junkmail (I don't get junkmail, I've had this account since gmail went public and I don't get junkmail). Somone signed up for myspace with my e-mail address!
They then confirmed it. It wasn't horrible to clean up, I logged in using the password they set (asshole33 -- obviously this person doesn't like me or this spammer has an odd sense of humor).

They had created some friends. One was Mz. and my last name. So I'm a little lost.

Anyway, I'm mostly pissed that someone signed up for myspace with my e-mail address successfully. So I'm putting this here as, you know, evidence. When they decide to shut down MySpace I'll be all for it ;).

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.