One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

David Feherty: You Rule

The Man Got Hit By a Truck.

And he's livin' on to say awesome stuff like this:

In an 11-day period in June, eight cyclists were struck by Dallas-area motorists. Three of the riders were killed, and one did time in intensive care. The others had “minor injuries” like mine. Ha! Lucky them! Later that month, I witnessed one of Dallas’ finest writing up the cyclist in front of me for going through a three-way stop at a walking pace, an act of gross stupidity by the Police Department that, given the events of earlier that month, further highlighted the astonishingly arrogant and erroneous thinking of city and state officials.

I think that when you get hit by a truck you instantly become right about a lot of things people would have previously ignored. Especially about things which concern traffic safety.

It could just be me, but I doubt it.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.