One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Death Threats from a Kid

So I'm coming out of Hy-Vee. I come to my bike to unlock it (I had it locked to a cart holder, it's the best and most out of the way spot at this Hy-Vee, plus my u-lock works on it). I set my bags down and behind me I hear:

"Hey Patty, remember when you hit that guy on a bike? You should hit another guy on a bike."

It continued on along the same lines. The mother (I presume based on the number of kids and the use of a minivan and ability to ignore stupidity) said nothing.

The girl must have been 7 or 8. Maybe a bit older. I don't think she was joking.

I would never listen to death threats from my kid. This sounded like childhood aggression out of control. Unlike more emotionally healthy kids she doesn't hit, spit, run, or fight. She instead tries to tear people down from the inside.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.