One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Flats and Tires

Monday night I had a random blow out flat. The tube was toast: There was a centimeter diameter hole in it that had ripped into an even larger tear.

I swapped that tube out and went to the bike shop to refill my supply of spares. The shop informed me that I was using too large of tube by using the tube which says it fits my tire size: Life is so straight forward. So, now I have about a billion tubes for 32-35c tires.

On Tuesday night I discovered the same tire had jumped up over the rim in one spot. I found this out on my way home as the tire rubbed on the brakes: Shockingly I was able to go quite a way like this before I realized that vibration wasn't from the road.

So I got to use my frame pump twice this week. I hate frame pumps!

I can't wait for those new wheels so that, at least on dry days, I can ride with decent tires!

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.