One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Next Bike

Ah I've found her. She's a long way away but I've found my next bike. And here is the frame to base her on: http://www.somafab.com/speedsterplus.html

I'm thinking downtube shifters (part of the Dura Ace group) and decent brake levers. I've grown to loath STI brifters and long for brake levers that weren't made for ogre hands. That longing has been fulfilled on my commuter which uses bar end shifters. I'd rather reach to shift then have humongous hoods that I can barely get my hands around.

Anyway, the frame is lugged which is the big thing I'm looking for. I thought I'd have to go used but I managed to find a sexy lugged frame for $800, new.

And of course it's steel.

Trouble with a frame like this is that I can't ride it anywhere so I'll have to figure the geometry and sizing out on my own. Well, if they still make this frame when I have money to buy another bike that is.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.