One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Derailleur Adjustment

Since one of my original goals in getting the bike was to become mechanically inclined with the bike and be able to at least adjust my own dérailleurs and hopefully be able to fix most anything but the frame.

So I decided to clean up my drive train and adjust my rear dérailleur tonight. As usual it takes quite a while to clean (I lack a garden hose and a place to use one), and it took me 45 minutes to adjust my dérailleur but for once it works well after (the last time I tried I just made things worse and couldn't get it better).


I also decided I'd take and upload a picture of my clean bike. Unfortunately the only digital camera I have is my laptops webcam, so the quality sucks.


Great birthday it was ;).

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.