One more Lincoln cyclist blogging about cycling in and around Lincoln, NE.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gray Buick

My invisibility cloak (a.k.a. my bike with flashing rear light and forward head light) struck today. Riding home from work after dark, in the approximate 2 blocks of road I have to ride (luckily I have an almost entirely trail commute to work) near the end I got cut off by a buick trying to cross a busy road (which I was riding on) from a side street.
I figured he'd do it about 50 feet ahead of time, and sure enough there he crept out. So I took my out and turned right (causing me to be heading in the same direction he was in front of him). He slowed as I turned and I gave him a friendly wave (seriously, no middle finger, just a wave).

This kind of driver error actually doesn't make me mad. It's the jerks who come up on me with their horn blaring at a steady 45mph that make me mad.

But it sure would be nice if everyone would spend a week riding a bike on the roads: Maybe it'd teach them to see cyclists.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a new cyclist. I ride a low end '07 Trek road bike and enjoy every minute of it.